Jan 16, 2012

Laptop got virus and I am trying to run Norton on Safe Mode?


My friend brought me her laptop to fix. The problem is that I cannot go past the opening screen on safe mode. I have access to advanced tools and I was trying to use the command line to run Norton. She has Windows 7. I went online and found the "navwnt32" and "doscan" commands, but they don't seem to work out. What am I doing wrong? (sorry, haven't done any computer languages since high school, so your help would be highly appreciated).

Additional Details

I cannot download it because I cannot even reach the point where I can have access to the windows applications (let alone internet). It just stops at the point where it trying on safe mode to correct the problem - it doesn't even go beyond the windows welcome screen in normal mode. In other words, it's pretty bad :S

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

I was used AVG free edition before in safe mode. Its nice and help me before.

No comments:

Post a Comment